To conduct a thorough discovery phase to identify opportunities and gaps and to validate the solution. Based on the findings of the research, we were to design a new learning experience for students to organize and memorize subjects effectively
Business Analyst, Project Manager, UX/UI Designer
Discovery phase and UX/UI Design in a form of 85 web app screens with mobile responsive design
A Miro board with all the discovery phase findings, clickable wireframes, a few UI Concepts, and the final deliverable in Zeplin with a style guide and exportable assets
Study Flow is an educational app that helps students to organize study materials and learn how to memorize subjects effectively. To deliver an improved learning performance, we enhanced the traditional note-taking approach with interactive study techniques such as Spaced Repetition, Quizzes, Interleaving, and Categorizing (STIC).
Cieden worked jointly with the stakeholder to understand various study methods and their effectiveness, conduct market research, identify the gaps in competitors’ features, facilitate a brainstorming workshop to ideate and validate the solution, conduct quantitative research (survey), define project scope and a feature prioritization map (roadmap), list jobs-to-be-done, define monetization strategy, build information architecture and the actual UX/UI Design.
The main concept is that all topics and study materials are organized hierarchically using a nested list and a mindmap with collapsible nodes. A node can contain study materials such as notes, images, videos, attachments, etc. as well as quizzes/flashcards which can all be ordered into a Study Plan.
- The client conducted significant research on the study methods which gave us a deeper understanding of his vision for this product
- Technically savvy client who helped us define the project scope based on the functionality complexity
- A gap in the edTech market that enabled us to think outside the box and ideate
- The project is self-funded. Thus, we had to wait long before we could learn about user feedback
- We’ve discovered that it’s technically challenging to adopt the product for real-time collaboration, so this functionality had to be moved to phase 3 in the product roadmap. We conducted a survey based on the initial assumptions at hand to identify the pain points of customers and potential “painkillers”
As a result, we grouped our ideas into epics and voted for the winners.
Survey – Quantitative Research
Value Proposition Canvas
I chose Cieden because of their portfolio which really caught my attention and their affordable pricing.
The team was transparent, describing their steps and timeline on different projects they’ve done. Moreover, they were enthusiastic about the product and excited to give suggestions regarding features and subtleties of the app that I hadn’t considered. Overall, Cieden’s team did very well and provided me with a design that was easy for me to implement as a software developer.
start your project with us.
is easy .