Improve existing software for the long tail search to increase efficiency
2 UX Designers, 1 UI Designer, 1 Manager
2 months of design, 2 months of support
240 hours, 53 screens
The design implemented in the functional product after two months of work
Long Tail Pro makes keyword research simple by finding the highest traffic and low competition keywords in any niche. It is suitable for anyone looking to find high-traffic keywords with low competition.
Using Long Tail Pro anyone can save huge amounts of time, otherwise spent on keyword research and competitor analysis.
- Client engagement
- Access to the end-users
- A highly professional manager on the client’s side
- Competitor analysis
- Stable functionality
- One user flow
- Usage statistic logs provided
- No time for user research
- Terminology inconsistency
- No UX/UI resources of the original app design and no one to share the previous design decisions
User Pain Points
- Are the form fields related to each other? How many words can I enter?
- What if the user copy-pastes an enormous amount of words, should the text field scroll, or should the input field expand?
- What should I enter first?
- Are all the form fields required?
- And what if I want to get results from multiple search engines?
Our UX team prioritized functionality and made a decision to rebuild the information hierarchy. We chose to remove the standard bootstrap button, hide additional functionality and leave one main CTA ― “Save Keywords”.
User testing showed that users were faced with the complexity of adding a new keyword algorithm. It seemed to be hard.
We tried to find the answers to their questions and make sure that users won’t have to think about them in the future. Finally, we provided the users with additional information to help them make better professional decisions. To reach that, we substituted the old summary with an infographic.
At this stage, we were faced with multiple challenges with the filter settings, as it’s not generally recommended to create a dropdown with less than 3 items. In that case, it should be replaced with a radio button multiple choice. At the same time, we didn’t want to decrease the discoverability of all the 3 types of search the system provides; also, we needed to add settings for language and location in a way that won’t break the visual hierarchy. Finally, user research showed that people couldn’t understand the zoom icon, so we decided to alter it and hide the prefilters.
By that time, the most of the design had been done － the main user section as well as as the other small ones. The only thing left was a nested page inside “Keyword Research” that used to look like a table, full of numbers.
After getting some extra time, as well as a very detailed instruction from the client, we started to work on a more attractive data representation of the summary and came up with the final layout.
The Cieden team was fantastic to work with. It created a beautiful design for us on time and within budget for a project that could easily have spiraled out of control with a different agency.
It went above and beyond on everything, offering multiple designs when I wasn’t sure what I wanted, responding quickly to all feedback, and even improving mobile screens after I had approved a final design, simply because the team thought it could do better.
start your project with us.
is easy .