Create a new experience of meditation based on effective breathing techniques, research findings and testing our outcome with early adopters
Design Director, UI Designer
12 months as an ongoing work that involves working hand in hand with a developer and adopting user feedback
40+ final screens plus plenty of iterations
The design implemented in the functional product
With this same client two years prior, we completed a similar product named Ripple. Because of this, we were able to utilize the existing thought flow when working on this new project.
The overall concept was to create an accessible and easy way to meditate and learn proper breathing techniques.
Our initial research helped us understand how everyone uniquely adapts to stressful situations, and we learned how mental health and proper breathing are critical aspects of coping with stress. In the book Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art, James Nestor shows the importance of breathing techniques and their positive influence on our lives. We take around twenty-five thousand breaths in a day to survive, so it’s not surprising how important it is to do it correctly.
Following our research, we understood the importance of these techniques and began the implementation of these concepts.
- The client trusted us as domain experts to decide things such as color palette and best UX practices
- We had the chance to test the design in a TestFlight to see how the animation felt on a mobile device
- The client was eager to listen to our ideas and constructive criticism. We worked as partners, both having an interest in building a successful product
- The animation was a huge part of the work process, and it often limited us in ways to communicate our vision
- We weren’t receiving enough user feedback in the early stages of the project
- The developer wasn’t always prepared to implement our work as designed
- There were several technical limitations as we tried to stick to basic MVP
Cieden has been very good at the entire production process, and I’ve been very happy. They have a team of designers that can translate my thoughts, dreams, and aspirations into design files that my engineers can use.
Also, they provide great value for what they charge. They are capable of producing a “San Francisco” quality of work at about 20% of the rate.
They are extremely hardworking, and they’re good at changing things around. They’ve never gotten upset when I’ve changed the requirements of their work. They are very easy to work with. Also, Iryna speaks English extremely well, and that removes a lot of overhead.
start your project with us.
is easy .